The color printers that are in offices today are outstanding. They give you the ability to print brighter colors than we have ever seen in an in-office copier. They eliminate the need to go to specialty copiers to get work done. But this is only true if you use them correctly. Not everyone knows how to get the best color prints, but Richmond Copier is here to help.
What you need to understand is that your printer or copier won’t automatically know to give you the best color. If your machine thinks it’s going to print black and white documents, then you will not get the color you desire. You need to make sure you are setting the machine up so you can get the best color prints.
- Set your print resolution. Make sure that it is as high as it can go. Most printers have settings that go as high as 1800 x 600 dpi, or even 2400 x 1200. More dpi means better pictures.
- Set your print driver. Make sure you change from the text setting to the photo setting. This will prepare your printer for a bolder image.
- Set print drive to full color. This will open a new range of colors available.
- Use Adobe PostScript print drive. Your greens, blues, and reds will be changed into cyan, magenta, yellow, and black values. This will create a fully color spectrum.
- Check your digital format. Jpeg, PDF, and PNG will create better images than TIFF or Bitmap photo.
If you follow these steps then you will get the best color prints you can get from your printer. You just have to remember that your machine has great technology, but it can’t read your mind. Set your printer up for success and you will get the best result you can.