There are a variety of options to get a copier for your business. At Richmond Copier we have options for every business and every job. We focus on customer service and want to make sure that you have the best copier for your business. However, it’s not always immediately clear what the best solution is. One of the biggest questions people have is if it’s better to lease a copier or the buy a copier.
There are pros and cons to both options. It’s always important to seriously consider your business and think about what is best. Don’t begin an expensive copier lease if you do not think your business can sustain the payments. Here are a few things to consider when considering leasing a copier vs buying a copier.
Pros to leasing a copier
- Lower upfront cost. Monthly payments cut down on how much money you need to get started.
- Newer technology that can be useful for your business.
- Easy to get parts and maintain
Cons to leasing a copier
- Monthly payments and obligations to a leasing company
Pros to Buying a used copier
- One-time payment. No monthly payments mean you don’t have to be beholden to monthly payments.
- It’s truly yours to own. You don’t need to work with a leasing company
- You can still get continued maintenance even without a lease contract
Cons to buying a used copier
- The copier may break down. Even though you can still get maintenance, it may break down more often.
- Parts may be harder to come by. If your copier is discontinued it will become hard to get it working again.
- Heavy up-front cost.
Buying a used copier can be a great option for some businesses. It’s not always a simple decision. Call Richmond Copier to begin the process today. We can point you in the right direction and get you set up with the best copier for your business.